Our house is quietly located on the Rhuys Peninsula in the Gulf of Morbihan in southern Brittany, near Sarzeau and Vannes.
If you want to get to know our peninsula, we suggest this wonderful video filmed from a drone:
You will find Les Roseaux along a walk along the Penerf etier, with its Natural Park bathed by the sea.
The beaches close to here …
The large terrace and its garden offer direct access to the GR34.
In Les Roseaux, you will be a stone's throw from the first beaches of the peninsula. If you wish, we can guide you in choosing your activities and outings, and even reveal our secret accesses to the best spots on the beaches.
But we will count on you not to say a word about it.
Why build a wooden house?
Our house, we have studied and built it to live there and welcome our guests, while committing ourselves to sustainable development.
This sensitivity for ecology guided our choices from the start, during construction:
- The frame and construction are made of wood.
- The natural insulation is wood fiber.
- The main heating is done by the wood stove.
In short, a lot of wood 😀
The values that drive us
We are very attentive to the safeguard of a healthy environment from all points of view.
We have also obtained the labels "Valeurs Parc Naturel Régional du Golfe du Morbihan", and "Voyagez Responsable Bretagne", in recognition of our commitment:
- the preservation of the environment,
- to human development,
- promoting the local economy.
How we protect nature on a daily basis
But our commitment is not limited to wishful thinking, since it is reflected on a daily basis in our consumption choices:
We make consumption choices
- The linen (sheets) complies with the ISO 14000 (environmental) standard.
- We favor short circuits for the preparation of breakfasts.
- We sort our waste and compost organic matter.
- We manage our water and electricity consumption.
- We collect rainwater for the toilets and the garden.
- We do the cleaning and maintenance with ecological products (vinegar, white stone, etc.), both for the house and for the garden.
We protect the birds
We have also chosen to engage with the Bird Protection League by becoming:
Our garden and its sea view
Our garden is both an ornamental garden and a vegetable garden.
You access it directly from the terrace, which is common to all rooms. You can relax there in peace in the deckchairs at your disposal, while enjoying the view of the sea, a view that varies with the tides.
If you feel like going for a stroll, on foot or by bike, you will only have two steps to take to be on the GR34 hiking trail (the "customs path"), which runs along the stall , the seaside and the beaches
Share our view
Share our view of the etier and the GR34 live thanks to our webcam installed at the window of our house …
Username: see below P
assword: see below