Our house is quietly located on the Rhuys peninsula in the Gulf of Morbihan in southern Brittany, near Sarzeau and Vannes.
If you want to get to know our peninsula, we suggest this magnificent video filmed from a drone:
You will find Les Roseaux along a walk along the Penerf river, with its Natural Park bathed by the sea.
The beaches close to here …
The large terrace and its garden offer direct access to the GR34.
In Les Roseaux, you will be a stone's throw from the first beaches of the peninsula. If you wish, we can guide you in the choice of your activities and outings, and even reveal our secret accesses to the best corners of beaches.
But we will count on you not to breathe a word about it.
Why build a wooden house?
Our house, we have studied and built it to live in and welcome our guests, while committing to sustainable development.
This sensitivity for ecology guided our choices from the start, at the time of construction:
- The frame and construction are made of wood.
- The natural insulation is in wood fiber.
- The main heating is in the wood stove.
In short, a lot of wood 😀
The values that drive us
We are very attentive to safeguarding a healthy environment from all points of view.
We have also obtained the "Values Regional Natural Park of the Gulf of Morbihan", and "Voyagez Responsable Bretagne" labels, in recognition of our attachment:
- preservation of the environment,
- to the development of man,
- promoting the local economy.
How we protect nature on a daily basis
But our commitment is not limited to wishful thinking, since it is reflected on a daily basis in our consumption choices:
We make consumer choices
- The linen (sheets) meets the ISO 14000 (environmental) standard.
- We favor short circuits for the preparation of breakfasts.
- We sort our waste and compost organic matter.
- We manage our water and electricity consumption.
- We collect rainwater for the toilets and the garden.
- We clean and maintain with ecological products (vinegar, white stone, etc.), both for the house and for the garden.
We protect birds
We have also chosen to get involved with the Bird Protection League by becoming:
Our garden and its sea view
Our garden is both an ornamental garden and a vegetable garden.
You access it directly from the terrace, which is common to all rooms. You can relax there in peace in the deckchairs at your disposal, while enjoying the sea view, which varies with the tides.
If you feel like going for a walk, on foot or by bike, you will only have two steps to take to be on the GR34 hiking trail (the "customs trail"), which runs along the stirrup , the seaside and the beaches